Proofreading is the final scrutiny of a proof copy of text after the copy-editor has checked that the content and structure is as good as it can be.
As a proofreader, I work with you to:
- Correct and change incorrect spelling
- Correct incorrect grammar, English language idioms and punctuation
- Correct inconsistencies of style and referencing rules
- Correct the common proof errors missed by the writers and copy-editors
- Correct and mark up copy using the track changes on Microsoft Word, which allows the writer to accept or reject it
- Use the comments option to clarify ambiguities and suggest suitable amendments
However, the proofreader cannot be held responsible for any academic inaccuracy by the writer.
Types of copy text that I work on with you are:
- Website copy
- Annual reports
- Marketing literature
- Research documents
- Correspondence such as letters, emails and newsletters
- Social media such as blogs, articles and online advertising
- PowerPoint presentations
- Per hour (English as a first language) completed within 48hours £30 an hour to cover 9 to 13 manuscript pages.
- Per project. Negotiable on submission of a detailed proofreading request for proposal (Proofreading RFP) * explanation of the required work
- Per 1,000 words (English as a first language) completed within 12 hours £20
- Per 1,000 words (English as a first language) completed within 48 hours £10
- Per 10,000 words (English as a first language) completed within 12 hours £190
- Per 10.000 words (English as a first language) completed within 48 hours £90
A minimum of 500 words is accepted
Terms and Conditions:
- Please submitthe work to be undertaken and only make payment once you have received the emailed quote
- Fees are payable in advance in Pounds Sterling and can be made easily and securely from anywhere in the world using PayPal
- Fees can also be paid by a fast payment such as BACS
- Please note: all money transfer fees must be paid by the payee and bank transfers from outside the UK can sometimes take a few days to arrive in the designated account
- Please add your name or the PDF invoice number to any transaction as a reference
- Proofreading your document will not commence until the full fee is received (unless agreed otherwise in the final quote). I reserve the right to alter the return time/date from that stated in the final quote if the fees are received after the expiry time stated on the email quote
- For quotes of 48 hours or longer, payments received between 6pm (UK time) on Saturdays and 7.59am (UK time) on Monday will be assumed to have been received at 8am (UK time) on Monday and the turnaround time will begin from 8am (UK time) on Monday. For 24-hour quotes, payments received between 6pm (UK time) on Fridays and 7.59am (UK time) on Monday will be assumed to have been received at 8am (UK time) on Monday and the turnaround time will begin from 8am (UK time) on Monday
*A Proofreading RFP – Is a description of the proposal which is limited to 1 page. It can be a chart, or outline, setting out the essentials and desirables of your project.Include whether you would prefer the work bid for on an hourly rate or as a fee covering a set number of hours.